But in the spirit of the day, I thought I would share with you some of the things I'm grateful for right now:
- My family and friends who journey with me on this precious blue dot we call home (Earth)
- Living in the beautiful state of Maine, having a super job, and awesome co-workers
- That I can smell the clean scent of the sea when I step outside in the morning
- Being healthy in mind and body
- Seeing a spectacular sunset over Boothbay Harbor
- The Living Waterfront
- The World is Blue by Sylvia Earle
- Folks like those at the Center for Wildlife in Cape Neddick, ME, who rescue, rehabilitate, and release injured wildlife and marine animals
- That there are folks actually doing something about cleaning up oceans, protecting habitat, climate warming, oil disasters, overfishing, and land use issues. Thank you, each and every one.
- That I live in a country where I can write these words without fear of government reprisals or censorship.
My challenge to you is to think about 3 things you're grateful for each and every day, not just Thanksgiving Day.