For more information on my paintings: NancyRynesStudio.com

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gratitude

I admit to having a slightly different take on Thanksgiving Day than most Americans do. While I think it's a lovely thing that we have set aside one day to be with family and celebrate what we have, this is something I take time to do every day. I know, I know, it's also a day to stuff yourself with food, veg out in front of the TV, and do nothing all day. At no other time of the year is this considered "normal." Ah, yes, life in the 'States :)

But in the spirit of the day, I thought I would share with you some of the things I'm grateful for right now:

  • My family and friends who journey with me on this precious blue dot we call home (Earth)
  • Living in the beautiful state of Maine, having a super job, and awesome co-workers
  • That I can smell the clean scent of the sea when I step outside in the morning
  • Being healthy in mind and body
  • Seeing a spectacular sunset over Boothbay Harbor
  • The Living Waterfront
  • The World is Blue by Sylvia Earle
  • Folks like those at the Center for Wildlife in Cape Neddick, ME, who rescue, rehabilitate, and release injured wildlife and marine animals
  • That there are folks actually doing something about cleaning up oceans, protecting habitat, climate warming, oil disasters, overfishing, and land use issues. Thank you, each and every one.
  • That I live in a country where I can write these words without fear of government reprisals or censorship.

My challenge to you is to think about 3 things you're grateful for each and every day, not just Thanksgiving Day.